Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully.
These terms tell you the rules for using our website.
These Terms & Conditions (the “Agreement”) describe what you are legally entitled to expect from us, in addition to your obligations as a customer. The terms “the Company”, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to “Edinburgh Unwrapped”. The term “you” refers to the customer visiting our website, booking a reservation through us or otherwise using our services.
All bookings made with Edinburgh Unwrapped (direct or via an agent) are subject to the following terms and conditions. When a client makes a booking, they have agreed to adhere to these terms and conditions on behalf of all the individuals included in the booking and confirm that they have the authority to do so. The Terms and Conditions are governed by Scots Law, and all parties agree to the sole jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
We offer private tailor-made guided walking tours of Edinburgh, as well as customised self-drive tours of Scotland for individuals, families and small groups. All tours are designed especially just for you and are as unique as you are. We’ll do everything we can to make your tour an unforgettable experience that reflects your interests, your style, your comfort and the time you have available.
Please advise us in advance of any health, dietary or mobility issues that may affect your tour and that we may need to account for in planning your tour itinerary.
If no such advice is given, the tour will be planned for clients of average health, mobility and who have no specific extra needs.
Because of the hilly nature of Edinburgh’s geography and layout, Edinburgh Unwrapped walking tours are not generally suitable for groups with a below-average level of fitness. We will be happy to arrange tailored tours for those with limited mobility if requested in advance.
- Every effort will be made to keep clients safe during their private walking tour, but each client is responsible for their own physical safety, health and wellbeing at all times.
- By agreeing to participate in the tour, all customers are agreeing to listen to safety instructions and exercise due care and attention whilst walking.
- We are very happy to welcome your child (children) on a private walking tour or self-drive vacation in Scotland.
- The age(s) of your child (children) must be notified to us in advance to enable us to plan your tour itinerary so that it is suitable for all ages within your family or small group.
- All children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult and are the sole responsibility of their supervising adult/parent or guardian at all times.
- Prices for guided private walking tours and self-drive vacations are quoted in Pounds Sterling (GBP).
- Walking tours: The price quoted is the total for the guided walk and not per person.
- Self-Drive Tour Vacations: The price quoted is the total price for the self-drive vacation and not per person. We do not break down the total price quoted into its constituent parts, but we do give a list of everything that is included in the total price.
What’s included in your walking tour price:
- Tour itinerary planning personalised for you and with you.
- For this reason it’s important that you give us as much information as possible so we can tailor your tour to your own personal requirements, including for your general level of fitness.
What’s included in your self-drive tour vacation:
- Full tour itinerary planning personalised for you and with you.
- Accommodation and breakfast during your tour.
- Our own written information on the areas you visit, with our personal recommendations on what to see and do and where to eat.
- Information in written guides is provided for your own personal and private use only, to assist you in planning your trip, and must not be sold or otherwise made available to other people.
What’s not included in your walking tour price:
- The price does not include entrance fees, unless indicated at the time of booking a tour.
- Food or refreshments during your tour.
What’s not included in your self-drive tour vacation:
- The tour price does not include airfares, or any travel costs to the start point of your tour or from the finish point of your tour.
- Car rental costs.
- Travel insurance.
- General entrance fees to places of interest, or activities unless specifically stated on your tour quote.
- Dates are offered for private walking tours and private car tours subject to availability and can be secured with payment in full or a deposit.
- You will receive an email confirming your secured booking once payment has been received.
For private walking tours:
- Full payment for private guided walking tours or private car tours is required as soon as the booking has been accepted and an invoice has been sent, unless otherwise agreed with Edinburgh Unwrapped.
- If only a 25% deposit payment has been paid initially, then the balance of payment is due 21 days prior to the date of your tour.
- Payment of deposit confirms acceptance of our Terms & Conditions.
For self-drive tour vacations:
- A 25% deposit is required once you have accepted the quote for your self-drive vacation.
- The balance of the total price must be paid eight (8) weeks prior to the start of the tour.
- Bookings made less than eight (8) weeks prior to the start of the tour must be paid in full in order to confirm the tour.
- Any payment made by you will constitute your acceptance of this Agreement.
- Payment may be made by secure international Electronic Bank Transfer in Pounds Sterling (GBP). Details will be provided at the time of booking.
- The payment received by us should be equivalent to the total price of the tour, without any deductions for any bank or transfer charges or fluctuations in the foreign exchange rate at the time of booking.
- If we arrange or provide any further services before your self-drive tour, as agreed with you in writing and in addition to the agreed itinerary and inclusions, payment must be made at the time of provision of such additional services. Such additional payments to be made by Electronic Bank Transfer. A receipt will be provided for any additional payment made.
- We accept no liability for loss, damage, delay, inconvenience, or direct or consequential loss, however caused, unless due to our negligence, in which case our liability is limited to a maximum of the tour cost.
- Please ensure you keep all your personal property safe, it is your responsibility.
- We will use all reasonable means to ensure that our tours adhere to the agreed schedule but we will not incur any liability whatsoever in the event of any delay due to causes or circumstances beyond our control.
- We shall not be liable for any damages caused by the total or partial failure to carry out your tour if such failure is: attributable to anyone other than a guide working on behalf of Edinburgh Unwrapped; unforeseeable or unavoidable and attributed to a third party; a result of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances, reasonably beyond our control; a result of an event which we, even with all due care, could not foresee.
- We shall not be held liable for independent travel or other arrangements made by you before, during or after your self-drive tour.
- Any information provided by us on such matters as climate, travel, clothing, special equipment etc. is given in good faith but without any liability to you or responsibility on our part.
- Any information provided through the Edinburgh Unwrapped written guides is intended to help you plan your visit and is provided in good faith based on research and personal knowledge, and our own opinions about local businesses and events. You should always confirm details with venues themselves prior to your visit, and we accept no responsibility for changes to prices, opening times and any other details of the venues and events listed.
We strongly recommend that you take out a travel insurance policy as soon as you have booked your tour with us.
- A travel insurance policy protects you and your holiday arrangements from the unexpected before and during your tour. It is your responsibility to decide what cover you need, but we recommend your policy should include cover for emergency medical costs, cancellation or curtailment of your tour, personal belongings/baggage and personal liability:
- In the event of emergency rescue and medical care and/or repatriation from a tour due to injury or medical emergency, any evacuation and medical costs will be borne by the client.
- If you need to cancel your tour with us then you may lose some or all of the money you have paid.
Changes, cancellations and refunds
- Once your deposit is paid it is not refundable. It is therefore important that you have your own travel insurance to protect you from losing money in the event that you need to cancel either a walking or self-drive tour.
For private walking tours
- In the event of your travel plans changing at short notice, private tour dates may be rearranged. There is no charge for rearranging dates, subject to availability.
- If you need to cancel your private tour up to 2 weeks prior to the tour date, the cost of your tour will be refunded, less the deposit paid and any non-refundable monies paid to 3rd parties, such as for entrance tickets.
- If you cancel between 1-2 weeks prior to your tour date, 50% of the cost of your tour will be refunded, less the deposit paid and any non-refundable monies paid in advance to 3rd parties.
- No refunds will be offered for private tour cancellations within 1 week of the tour date.
For self-drive tour vacations:
- A full refund will be given if a self-drive tour is cancelled not less than 4 weeks before the tour date, less the deposit paid.
- Please note that a full refund will also not include any non-refundable payments paid by us to our suppliers to secure agreed items for you during your self-drive tour such as, but not limited to, activities or accommodation. (We will notify you in advance if any such non-refundable payments are required at the time of booking these items.)
- Cancellation within 4 weeks of the self-drive tour is not refundable but it is within our discretion to apply some or all of the monies paid by the customer to a future tour.
- Any changes you wish to make to your self-drive tour itinerary after it has been finalised, confirmed and the accommodation has been booked, will incur an administration fee and may result in a change to the total price, depending on the changes made.
- Where there is an increase in the total price within eight (8) weeks of the start of the tour, payment of the additional amount will be due immediately in order to confirm the changes made.
- Where there is a reduction in the total price not less than four (4) weeks before the start of the tour, the amount of the reduction will be refunded to you, less an administration fee, and such that the total monies received by us from you is no less than the initial 25% non-refundable deposit paid.
- Where there is a reduction in the total price within four (4) weeks before the start of the tour, such an amount is not refundable, but it is within our discretion to apply this amount to a future tour or additional service to you.
Changes or Cancellation by us
- In the very unlikely event that we have to cancel your private walking tour, or self-drive tour due to unforeseen circumstances, please be assured that we will give as much notice as possible. All monies paid, including your deposit, will be refunded in full if we cannot agree to reschedule the tour.
- If an element of your self-drive tour itinerary is cancelled or changed by one of our 3rd party suppliers due to unforeseen circumstances, we will inform you as soon as possible in advance and make the necessary changes to your itinerary in agreement with you. We will endeavour to do all we can to refund you the monies made to our 3rd party suppliers, but we are not liable for 3rd party cancellation policies.
- It is unlikely we will have to make any changes to your tour and any changes are usually very minor.
- If a major change becomes necessary, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your tour begins. When a major change or cancellation occurs you will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, purchasing another tour from us or cancelling your tour. We will refund all payments made directly to us in respect of the cost of the tour. We will not refund any personal expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking such as flight payments, travel insurance, equipment purchases, visas, vaccinations etc.
- Where a major change or cancellation arises from extraordinary events outside our control and circumstances amounting to force majeure (such as – but not limited to – natural disaster, terror attack, epidemic, strikes, war, flood, industrial action) we are not liable, but we will get in contact with you as soon as possible. We will reschedule your walking tour, dependent on availability, or offer a refund.
- We will reschedule your self-drive tour if possible, or we will endeavour to refund all sums as yet unpaid by us to our suppliers, however it is your responsibility to claim the remainder of any irrecoverable payments and charges from your travel insurers.
All private walking tours take place whatever the weather, sun, wind, rain or snow. Scotland’s weather can change very rapidly with little warning. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have clothing suitable for your walk. Please make sure to dress accordingly, with appropriate layers of clothing, waterproof jacket and comfortable non-slip shoes for walking.
In the event of bad weather, tours may be re-routed to provide maximum shelter, as appropriate. If you, the guest, choose to leave a tour early (or not participate in a tour) due to weather reasons and the tour has not been cancelled or suspended, you will not be issued a refund.
If there is a problem with our service
We work hard to make sure that you enjoy your tour with us. However, sometimes things can go wrong, whether this is within or outside our control. If you are unhappy before or during your tour, please raise your concerns with us at the earliest possible moment. We will endeavour to rectify the situation immediately to the very best of our ability and we might even manage to turn a tricky moment into the highlight of your tour.